These dogs are the same as the bulldogs; the only thing that disassembles is the large ears that these dogs have. The ears are the trademark feature of the breed; however, these beasts have “bat ears” that are large compared to the other bulldogs.
They have large heads and heavy wrinkles rolled above the nose; this nose is small compared to the other bulldogs. They have potent teeth that are compact and muscular; they can eat anything with the bite.
These dogs are the best and most desired dogs worldwide; these dogs do not bark much compared to the other bulldogs. They are friendly dogs, and they get to know others dogs in an easier way.
However, if you have a desire to get this dog in your home, there are things that you need to know about these dogs.
These dogs are not easy to train; besides this, these dogs are friendly, but they are also offensive, so you need to give them proper time and attraction not to get offended.
Many people ask this question about the French dogs; in this guide, we will tell you about some of the basic things that you need to know if you are going to have a French bulldog.
Facts About Bulldogs:
We are providing detailed information about these dogs to get to know these dogs; then, you can decide whether you want to have a dog of this type or not.
Some main facts are:
- French bulldogs have roots in England– it is foretold that these dogs have roots in England; this means that these dogs come from an English breed transferred to the French. However, it is then named or considered as the French bulldogs.
- Great companions– these dogs are bred around the globe because they are well known for the relationship they have with their owners. These dogs are some of the friendliest dogs throughout the world. It has all the qualities which make this beast an excellent and friendly dog.
- They don’t swim– these dogs cannot swim; so, you need to be extra careful if you have a French bulldog in your house along with a swimming pool. You always have to take care of the dog.
- They do not fly– these dogs are allergic to flying; they have shorter snouts than the other dogs. The pushed-in face of the dogs can lead to various breathing problems under high stress; in this case, there are special jets that we should use to transfer them.
- Great babysitters– these dogs can take care of small animals or even humans from every danger.
- These dogs are susceptible to criticism; however, these dogs will respond well to the positive reinforcement.
- Talkative– these dogs do not bark much, but they have another language to convey their messages to the owner.
- Different ears– there are two types of ears that you can found in these dogs. One of them is rose-shaped, and the other one is unique bat ears. Both breeds do not like each other.
The real question is that Is this breed easy to train?
You should know that these dogs are friendly, but the real thing is that these dogs take a lot of time to be trained. The French bulldogs are slow learners; they can even take eight months to get potty training only.
Read More: What Human Food Do French Bulldog Eat?
Best Practices For Your Frenchies:
The best dog you can have for your family is this dog; this dog is perfect for many reasons. The best thing is that they do well as house pets because they do not need much exercise. Besides this, there are many more things about this dog.
The training of a French dog is essential though it takes a lot of time to do it with patience. Once you have trained your dog, then you can live a happy life after that because this dog is full of surprises.
The first and vital thing you have to do when you have bought a French dog is introducing him to the crate. This is the first step because it will bring positive behavior to your dog; you should know that a dog does not want to be in a crate.
A dog does not want to be in a crate because they feel like they are captives in that, though in some cases, they start loving their boxes which is a good thing. Then they begin to spend their time in the crate, and the crate becomes their favorite rest place.
Crating is the best way to help your dog gain manners; if you cannot directly supervise your dog, you can go for this technique. If you are at work, you can put the French bulldog in the crate so that they do not mess your home or do anything to get into trouble.
There are two types of training that the French bulldogs must have.; these are:
- Potty training
In this training, socialization is complex because the French bulldogs are not friendly to people they do not know.
You should know that the French bulldog is a great dog that can be a good friend after proper training. But you should know that the French bulldogs are standoffish to the people that they do not know. In some cases, it will show offense to the other dogs.
You should start training your French bulldog when it is a puppy.
This is the only way that you can take control over the French dog; you can start by keeping the dog in touch with many other people and different dogs. This is the best way to do it; if you want to socialize your French bulldog, you should mix your puppy when only 14 weeks old.
This is the only way to complete the training; otherwise, the dog may not attain this quality.
You can train a French bulldog if you train them in a good way because they are intelligent dogs; you can teach them while having fun and do it like a game. A bulldog does its training well, though you can improve them by giving rewards while training them. You can provide them with love, prizes, and praise so that they prepare well.
You need to stay positive while you are training your dog.
A puppy can be a quick learner; apart from this, there are many chances that this dog may not do everything that you say to them. In this case, you need to stay patient with the French bulldog.
In any case, do not try to punish your dog; otherwise, you will not make any progress; however, be patient with the dog and continue the process that you are doing. After some time, the dog will learn what you are trying to teach.
You should try to teach the dog a new thing by putting a leash on the dog; you should do it even you are training the dog inside the house. It would be best to work with small durations because the dog may get bored and break the interest.
In this case, make the session of a maximum of 2 minutes; while training the dog, give the dog rewards to gain more interest and affection to the training.
Tips for the training:
- Start the potty training at once
- Use a large number of rewards
- Introduce a crate to the French bulldog
- Use short training sessions
There are things that people are asking about French bulldogs; some of the items or questions that are appearing are as follows:
Are French Bulldogs Easy To Train?
You should know that French bulldogs might not be the most complicated breed to train, but, on the other side, you should know that these dogs are not easy to prepare also.
In many cases, the dogs of this breed can take up to 8 months to potty train. This might be frustrating for the owner, but you should continue to do so; however, these dogs are intelligent and friendly, so you should start training these dogs as a puppy.
You should stay focused and patient if you want to train a dog of this type.
These are the main things that you need to know about the potty train of French bulldog:
- To identify different signs to go– every dog is unique, just like the people living around you, though it may take much time to train the dogs. There are signs that your dog may produce to go outside, like barking at the door, pacing, or circling in the house. You need to identify the dog’s behavior so that you can help them learn.
- Negative reinforcement– most people try to beat the dog if it is not learning; this is not a good thing. You should know that these dogs are the best breed that is very intelligent, but they may also take some time to understand what you are saying. It would be best if you went easy on the dog. Otherwise, you will negatively impact the dog, which will make the puppy afraid of you.
What are the health problems that happened to your French bulldogs?
There is a sudden health problem that a French bulldog can face; the thing that you need to do is that you need to take care of the dogs in a good way. You need to keep it clean from all the bacteria; you need to give them a proper bath to stay away from health problems.
You should not give them food that it is allergic to; otherwise, it may cause serious health problems for the dog.
The health problems that you are often going to see in a French bulldog are as follows:
- Butterfly vertebrae
- Intervertebral disc disease (IDD)
- Herniated discs
- Arthritis in the back
These are some of the major problems; you need to know that the French bulldogs have a back problem in them. This is not the case with the other bulldogs.
In almost all of the cases, the French bulldogs come with health problems; there is no case in which you will get a healthy dog of this breed. So, it would be best if you kept them in good hands and you should give them proper attention; otherwise, you might be facing the problem.
Because this dog can get offensive due to the health problem that the dog is facing.
Should I Get A French Bulldog?
We are talking about one of the most famous dog breeds in the world.
These dogs have a lot of fame worldwide because of the beauty that you may find in these dogs. However, there are sudden problems that you can face if you are having a dog of this breed.
There are problems that you may face while you are training this dog. It may take a lot of time to prepare this dog, but you need to stay focused and work with patience. Once you have a French bulldog that is wholly trained, you will have a good friend.
You can find many qualities in these dogs; these dogs are super friendly and caring. If these dogs are trained properly, they are very welcoming dogs to the other breeds. They have a large number of qualities in them.
Q1:How Much Walk Does A French Bulldog Need?
We are talking about the bulldogs; these dogs are small, and they do not need a large amount of exercise. You can go for a short walk with the dog; you can repeat the procedure twice a day; this will be enough for the dog.
Other Related Post: